The Undergraduate Certificate establishes a foundation for entry-level Web design work or further study. Students begin building their design portfolio as they earn a credential and college credit.
In the Web Design Undergraduate Certificate program, students are expected to develop the ability to:
- Create job-appropriate color palettes and use color and contrast effectively in their work.
- Design and lay out typography for readability, impact, or expression.
- Create drawings in traditional media that show a command of proportion, perspective, and value contrast.
- Prepare images for professional publication with Photoshop retouching, correction, compositing, or collage.
- Create consistent, visually appealing page designs using HTML and CSS via Dreamweaver or via hand coding.
- Design Web graphics that are polished, consistent, and optimized, which communicate effectively and are integrated into an interface design.
- Create simple, stylized logos, icons, and illustrations in Illustrator.
- Manage a professional Web design process including competitive research, mood boards, site maps and wireframes, color design and imagery, CSS layouts, and basic usability.
For Gainful Employment information on this program, visit this page.
back to top
Classes start in January, May, and September. Students entering the program are expected to have earned a high school diploma, GED, or state-approved home school equivalent. Any students under 18 years of age will need to provide the signed permission of a parent or guardian. Our online application is simple and convenient, and there is no application fee.
"The Undergraduate Certificate gives you everything you need to know get started on the Web. It's a perfect short program for servicemembers on military tuition assistance (TA)." – Brent Gural, Director of Admissions
Whenever you're ready, talk to our friendly Admissions admissions staff or sign up for an Open House.
Software and Supplies
To take this online program, you'll need a computer with an Internet connection as well as additional software and supplies.
- A Windows-based or Macintosh computer that meets software manufacturers' requirements.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver CC software.
- A Web hosting account with an ad-free hosting service.
- Webcam, headphones or speaker, VPN connection, and microphone connected to the computer for live proctored exams.
Please check course syllabus pages or the catalog for detailed information on course requirements or proctored exams. Be sure to visit our Student Store for discounts on hardware and graphic design software. You must be an enrolled student to be eligible for educational discounts.
back to top