Job Listings and Descriptions
Research the design job market and current opportunities
While you are enrolled in Sessions College courses, you're busy polishing your projects and making decisions about your portfolio. But what job are you looking for? Use the job listings feed and job descriptions below to research your career direction and see available openings.
Browse our frequently updated list of full-time and freelance graphic design and Web design jobs. Note that most of the jobs will be based in the United States, but many offer off-site work. Click the job titles to view the full descriptions.
|Tue, 11 Mar 2014 18:00:13 CDT|
Climate Policy Initiative: Communications Assistant, Design
(San Francisco, CA) ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Climate Policy Initiative is a team of analysts and advisors that works to improve the most important energy and land use policies around the world, with a particular focus on finance. We answer pressing questions posed by decision makers through in-depth analysis on what works and what does not. We work in places that provide the most potential for policy impact, including Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States.
CPI is a small but dynamic organization, with a global reach and an entrepreneurial culture. We work hard to maintain an idea-driven, collaborative environment across all our teams.
CPI places great emphasis on and is known for the clear messages and compelling visual communications that support its world-class analysis. We believe that visual design is a critical component to influencing decision makers at the highest levels on climate and energy policies. We are seeking a junior designer or recent design school graduate who is looking for challenging and impactful work.
Under the direction of our senior designer, this person will create visuals and materials that communicate CPI's analytical findings in a clear, succinct, and visually compelling way. This includes a heavy emphasis on data visualization. It also includes the development of website content and design, publication layout, powerpoint presentations, fact sheets, posters and marketing materials, online animations and interactive products, among others.The designer will report to a Senior Communications Associate and be part of a collegial and fun Operations and Communications team. S/he will partner daily with CPI's analysts around the world and the communications team to communicate our analysis to policymakers and key stakeholders. S/he believes that design should be beautiful, accurate, and effectively support the message and goal. This role is a great opportunity for an entry-level or early-career designer to step up their data visualization and design skills. It is also an opportunity to be a part of a growing, game-changing startup working with some of the smartest, most talented colleagues, on some of the world's most challenging and pressing issues.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualize and create visual materials, including data visualizations, event and marketing materials, slide decks, and others.
- Contribute and support web design and content development, including interactive online products and social media communications.
- Produce high-quality materials on short deadlines.
- Assist the communications team with communications tasks as needed, such as social media outreach, report editing, and staff education.
- Communicate and collaborate with CPI staff working in other countries.
- Promote good design thinking across CPI.
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Arts or related field, as well as a quantitative background –or–
COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative fields such as math, natural sciences, or economics, with Visual Arts or design experience
We’re a lean, committed, and fun group of professionals working to make significant progress on climate change – come join us!The position is available for immediate appointment. The position will be located in San Francisco, CA.
- Advanced skills with Adobe Creative Suite [Illustrator, InDesign] and MS Office [Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook]
- Experience with data visualizations
- Experience with web CMS, including WordPress, a plus
- Experience with front- and back-end web development a plus
- Animation and video editing skills a plu
- Strong communication skills: a good listener, responsive and professional, and has an ability to communicate design rationale
- Excellent organizational and personal time management skills, project management experience a plus
- We’re looking for somebody who has
- the ability to work independently and with a diverse, multicultural team
- a natural affinity for problem-solving and learning
- a passion for clarity in design
- a passion for CPI’s mission and values.
Job Perks: CPI offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience. CPI’s benefits include participation in an employer-matched 401k plan, health and wellness benefits, and 15 days of time off per year.
Apply: Please send your application including cover letter, CV, and links to a portfolio or examples of your work to email@example.com no later than March 31, 2014.
|Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:48:43 CDT|
The Sketchbook Project: Designer
(Brooklyn, NY) The Position:
The Sketchbook Project is an independent Brooklyn-based company that organizes global, collaborative art projects. Our flagship endeavor is a collection of over 30,000 artists' books (and counting) contributed by creative people from 130+ countries.
We operate Brooklyn Art Library, our storefront exhibition space in the heart of Williamsburg, Brooklyn as a home for our projects.We are seeking a strong creative mind to join the team. While you'll have just missed working on partnerships with TEDActive, Wythe Hotel, MailChimp, The New Yorker, branding our annual cross-country tour and the upcoming launch of The Sketchbook Project 2015, there are always many exciting things in the works and on the horizon here.
We're a small team that is passionate about our work. Likewise, we are seeking someone with passion for design who is in it for more than a paycheck and getting out the door at 5:30. We're asking a lot of this position, but hopefully you're the kind of person who wants a lot of responsibility yourself. If you're ready to dive in and get your hands dirty, we'd very much like to meet you.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Creating all design assets for a wide range of projects
- Maintaining a cohesive voice and brand image for The Sketchbook Project
- Email and newsletter layouts
- Helping to develop new projects and merchandise using The Sketchbook Project collection
- An eye on our exhibition layout and related design elements
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experienced with proofs and ordering printed materials and merchandise
- An excellent eye for visual design, layout, spacing, and typography
- Expert in creating original content and identities
- Familiarity across a wide range of online platforms
- Strong leadership and self-management
- Can switch gears quickly to adapt to the needs of a situation in a faced-paced environment
- Professional and confident communicator
- Versatility - feel comfortable on and off the computer or just having a brainstorming session
- Build your portfolio significantly - your work will be used prominently and seen frequently
- Work closely with the directors of a small business and play a role in its development
- Self-manage most of your responsibilities
- Hone your voice and expand your skill range through a wide variety of projects
- Be a creative force for our globally renowned project
This is a full time position that will include a salary and benefits. Pay will be depending on your level of experience. Because of the importance and unique requirements of this position, we will do a 30 day trial period to make sure everyone feels like it's a perfect fit.
Please include a cover letter and a link to your online portfolio when applying.
Whether you're just out of school or have more experience in the field, if you feel you're just the one for this position, we'd love to hear from you and know why. More About The Sketchbook Project
:The Sketchbook Project began in 2006 in Atlanta, GA and moved to New York City in 2009. Since that time, our small organization has grown into a worldwide community of more than 60,000 artists. By focusing on the intersection of hands-on art making and new technology, The Sketchbook Project nurtures community-supported art projects that harness the power of the virtual world to share inspiration in the real world.Learn even more about us at www.sketchbookproject.com
|Tue, 11 Mar 2014 11:21:12 CDT|
FIS | Mobile: Sr. UX Interaction Designer (Mobile Applications)
(San Francisco, CA) Why FIS Mobile?
Our mission is simple: create software that allows users to have an immediate connection with their money through the power of mobile. Our industry-leading SaaS-based mobile banking solution is revolutionizing how financial institutions and businesses connect with their customers and reinventing how consumers interact and manage their finances. At FIS Mobile we believe it takes more than delivering a product in a box, it requires a passionate and dedicated workforce to develop influential and game-changing products and services.
Responsible for designing the user experience for mobile banking & financial services apps and websites. Adhere to a user-centered design process to research, design, and document design solutions. Work collaboratively with other designers, product managers and developers to deliver best in class mobile experiences. Work on enhancing existing design paradigms as well as creating new ones when necessary.
- 5+ years experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or other similar UX related role
- An online portfolio of work demonstrating relevant experience
- A Bachelor's degree in interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related UX degree
- Experience designing for mobile apps and/or mobile websites
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design mobile banking and financial services apps that adhere to a user-centered design methodology
- Lead design discovery sessions through brainstorming and conceptual design exercises
- Create necessary documentation to communicate experience flow diagrams using a variety of technique and software
- Create wireframes that document interaction and flow
- Build prototypes when necessary to demonstrate interaction design and flow
- Plan, recruit and perform usability testing where necessary
- Create visual design systems under the direction of the Product Design Leads
- Deliver visual design assets to technology for various screen densities
- Create and implement style guides that adhere to design standards
- Mentor junior staff when applicable
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in user-centered design techniques and methods
- Proficiency designing for mobile and tablet apps
- Clear understanding of design limitations and challenges of designing for mobile
- Expert use of industry standard design tools: Adobe Creative Suite, OmniGraffle, Axure
- Knowledge of Agile Development processes and approaches
- Ability to lead large scale projects, work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to prioritize work, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills across a wide variety of audiences: Designers, Product Managers, Developers, Clients
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to make calculated design decisions based on varying Constraints
- Ability sell design concepts based on user-centered design rationale
FIS Mobile values our employees and we support them with a comprehensive and multi-faceted benefits program that includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Generous health benefits consisting of:
1.Medical benefit plan
2.Dental benefits plan
3.Vision benefits plan
4.Life insurance plan, long-term disability program and accidental death and dismemberment coverage.
In addition, the vacation package on a full calendar year includes:
- Annual flexible spending account
- 401k saving program plus company matching plan
- Commuter program
- Credit Union program
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
- 4 Personal Choice Days
- 5 Sick Days
- 7 Calendar Holidays
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Job Perks: Other perks include free parking at the Larkspur office, a fully stocked kitchen, game roomes and frequent employee events, such as bowling, Frisbee golf and company picnics.
Apply: Please include a link to your portfolio
|Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:56:01 CDT|
eTecc / Interactive: Web & Mobile Designer
(Chicago, IL) eTecc / Interactive is a small design and development firm in Oak Brook, IL and a satellite office in downtown Chicago, IL that specialized in creating Web and Mobile apps. We constantly push the limits of our abilities; and we work on awesome stuff. Why wouldn't you want to work for us?
Follow us @eTeccFever for the latest happenings!
Check us out on Dribbble!
We're a small team, and we love what we do.
We want to hire someone like us. We are looking for a person who is excited to work alongside a growing design and development team to design awesome Websites and mobile apps.
Principal Hiring Points
- You're part of the design and technology community and love to create
- Excellence in creating killer Websites
- Experience in mobile Websites, tablet, & mobile apps
- You think Derek, Dave, Emma, and James are super cool and want to work with them every day
- Experience in HTML, jQuery, and CSS
- Demonstrate strong teamwork abilities with the ability to work independently
- Demonstrate professional demeanor and customer-focused orientation
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong proficiency in the English language (written and verbal) Compensation
- Competitive salary.
- Full health, dental & vision insurance.
- Paid vacation time, sick days, and personal days.
- Free snacks & coffee.
Job Perks: Working with a great team is pretty cool, but aside from that we have tons of free snacks, coffee, lunches from time to time, and parties!
Apply: Please send make sure to include your cover letter, resume, and portfolio.
|Mon, 10 Mar 2014 14:00:16 CDT|
Verve: Interactive Designer
(New York, NY) Verve is a leading mobile advertising technology company and we’re looking for an enthusiastic and talented Interactive Designer to fill a full-time position.
The position is for a creative individual with intellectual curiosity with solid experience.
The Interactive Designer will be responsible for creating mobile advertisements for National, well-known advertisers as well as designing various marketing collateral (digital and print) and event promotions.
Creativity and experience with online advertising is preferred, but willing to train candidates who lack mobile-specific experience.
• Concept and Design of mobile/tablet ads for top advertisers
• Image slicing/production and optimization (for dev handoff)
• Design of various marketing materials and event promotion collateral
Requirements & Skills:
• Proficient using Adobe Creative Suite
• Ability to conceptualize text and visualize information
• Comfortable with HTML / CSS
• Minimum of 3-4 years of design / agency experience
• Must have degree in design-related field
• Strong understanding of industry trends, technologies, mobile platforms and online advertising
• Must be a good communicator who takes direction well
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail, with a focus on accuracy
• Strategic thinker
• Able to work independently and on multiple projects and to prioritize workload effectively
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to adhere to strict deadlines and produce high quality work
• “Hands On” solution-oriented team player
• Enjoys a fun, fast-paced environment
Apply: Please include links to portfolio/samples.
|Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:46:10 CDT|
LLT Group: Graphic/Web Designer
(Naperville, IL) ABOUT THE COMPANY
What’s this entire buzz about at LLT Group Inc.? In a nutshell, we’re an award-winning creative agency pioneering new trails across the industry - and having all kinds of fun while we're at it. Celebrating five years as a creative agency, we’re fiercely proud of our unsurpassed client service skills, our utterly innovative ideas and our rock star results. Our team members carry through directly to our growth and the clients that choose to go with our agency over others. We are confident in growing a culture that cultivates intellect, innovation and inspiration.ABOUT THE JOBLLT Group has an immediate opening for a Web Designer to join our team. You will have the opportunity to accelerate your career by working with some of the top web designers and application developers in the area. The position looks primarily for an individual to strictly design and innovative within the graphic design of website layouts. Some ancillary work will include HTML emails and print pieces. What can you expect on a daily basis?•Research and discovery of current websites looking to be overhauled along with the best and brightest new designs within the industry•Communicating your professional opinion to the team and the clients about why a new design was chosen and how you see the customer interacting with the website
- Being a part of group critiques that look to enhance and give constructive criticism to better the design
- Work 1-on-1 with front-end developers and programmers to make sure that your design can be carriedthrough the entire capabilities of the agency
- Collaborate with the creative director on how to improve thought processes, work flows and personalprogress and growth as an individual
- Build amazing, unrivaled designs that take our clients image to the next level
COMPENSATION AND REWARDS
- Conduct industry and competitor research and relating potential styles to client preferences
- Writing coherent thoughts and ideas and communicating them in and easy to understand manner
- Fully proficient in Photoshop (PSD) and/or Illustrator to design web layouts, HTML emails, and print pieces
- Strong involvement in online design communities and award sites that help to further design inspiration
- Capable of working in a sometimes stressful situation to hit timelines and deal with client comments in acool, collected manner.
- 3-5 years of personal and/or professional experience with a full portfolio of both digital and print versions ofwork to showcase
- Translate abstract ideas into wireframes and web layouts
- Transform photographic and illustrative elements into a cohesive web layout that communicates keyverbiage and taglines while staying consistent with increased branding elements
Based on experience and portfolio work. We are looking for capabilities of someone to grow into a lead designer after joining our team. Send your portfolio and resume to Jobs@LLT-Group.com or call us today at 630-504-0720
Job Perks: Paid Vacation, Bonus structure within 180 days of employment, local talent preferred.
Apply: Please send resume, online portfolio/project portfolio
|Mon, 10 Mar 2014 09:50:57 CDT|
Freeman+Leonard: Digital Creative Director
(Irving, TX) This position is responsible for shaping the vision for the UX/UI team, both for current and future digital products and applications. Must have strong experience in mobile!
Responsible to liaise with clients and different stakeholders such accounts, product, marketing, innovation and development teams. Responsible for managing a team of UX/UI Designers by conveying and implementing a vision from concept to production stage. Creates the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience and associated UI framework and assets on a range of products; follows through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision;
- Develops, motivates and manages an effective team of user experience (UX) and visual designers;
- Effectively manages and assigns priorities and workloads to staff;
- Creates world-class, UI's, visuals and layouts that support and reinforce our product vision, brand, and business objectives;
- Models business needs against high level roadmaps to make fact-based recommendations to management about staffing levels;
- Introduces, develops, and ensures best design practices and processes are in place;
- Advocates for customers and integrates user research in the design process;
- Illustrates a command of design methods, tools, communication, and presentation skills;
- Liaises with clients and is able to deliver inspiring, persuasive presentations
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field EXPERIENCE:
7+ years of experience in product, web, mobile, interaction design; 3+ years successfully managing design teams
- Superb client-facing skills, with demonstrated ability to lead persuasive presentations to senior management and clients;
- Proven experience on leading UX/UI projects for both the web and mobile, including a rapid, iterative design and development processes;
- Extensive experience with visual design and interaction design;
- Digital portfolio showcases the ability to unite an outstanding user experience to a visually stunning user interface;
- Knowledge of all creative tools used by digital and print designers;
- Track record of building-out a successful User Experience design team;
- Proven knowledge of managing user research & usability tests in order to inform the design;
- Superior planning skills;
- Able to travel.
PLUS:• Experience with different interaction modes (touch, voice, gestures, steering-switch commands);• Experience with prototyping digital applications;• Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and current practices for responsive design. REQUIRED:
|Mon, 10 Mar 2014 09:26:07 CDT|
Tom & Co. Ltd.: Web Designer at fast growing young agency
(Chelsea, London) Bored with your 9 till 5? Doing the same old work? We reckon you would have more fun with us! We can’t promise you the world, but we can promise you a fun and creative place to work with a company that is growing fast.
We are looking for a super creative Web Designer to join our innovative and fun young agency based in Chelsea, right on the Thames. You will be working with some of the most talented people in the industry, on fun and challenging projects. This is a very hands-on role where you will be given lots of creative freedom to express your ideas.
You'll be working in our London based office Monday - Friday, so you'll need to live close enough to make the daily commute.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Conceptualising new ideas
• Development of the client brand across multiple platforms
• Working closely with the team to create great user experiences
• Working on the visual concepts, websites designs and mobile apps interfaces
• Creating site graphics and graphics for presentations
• Creating wireframes for digital solutions
• 1-3 years exp. of Web Design
• Great communication skills
• Creative problem solver
• Lots of graphic design experience
• Meeting deadlines
When will you start As soon as possible. If you are available to start immediately this will work in your favour but we will still consider you with up to 4 weeks notice period. Don't forget, this is an opportunity to get onboard a fast growing and well backed company early and seal your place at the top.
Oh, and pretty please, no recruitment agents.
Job Perks: Yearly bonuses, Flexible working hours, Your very own MacBook Air
|Mon, 10 Mar 2014 07:30:11 CDT|
CommuterClub: Front End Designer
(London) CommuterClub is a new innovative London startup that wants to help commuters lower their TfL spend. We help to make the savings of Annual Travelcards more affordable by providing a low cost monthly payment plan. Commuters get the discounts of an Annual but the flexbility of a monthly. You can see our website at www.commuterclub.co.uk
We are looking for a great front end designer who can help us revamp our site, to both make communications clearer and simpler, and also to streamline the UI and make the customer sales journey as transparent and easy as possible.
Experience with ecommerce sites is a must and ideally with any online financial product (loans, insurance) is a huge plus.
Please only local England and ideally London based designers only
|Sat, 08 Mar 2014 11:51:00 CST|
Swellbox: UI Designer
(New York) About Us:
Swellbox is an early stage consumer tech company focused on creating an engaging solution that disrupts the way we interface with healthcare. Healthcare is undergoing major transformation with regards to the digitization of personal health data. In the near future, we see a world where consumers take control of their digital health with a solution that is visual, interactive and proactive. Swellbox is in private beta and growing our user base.
We are looking for a designer to work with our team to update the look and UX of our web and mobile apps. Currently, we are focused on improving our registration and on-boarding process, but will likely move to beyond this initial project quickly.
- Create innovative interfaces and visual designs
- Conceptualize, design, and prototype new features
- Work directly with our engineers and business team to develop features and products
- Doesn’t mind iterating
- Is quick - we are a very agile team that likes to move quickly
- Asks questions and has opinions
- Obsessive attention to detail and UX
- Decent knowledge of the health space
- An early adopter with extensive knowledge of consumer start-ups
Flexible, project-based work to start.
View more design jobs at authenticjobs.com.
If you are still defining your career path, review some of the many jobs descriptions in graphic design, Web design, and other creative fields. Many of these jobs have different levels; you may begin your career at the production level of a magazine, and work your way up to graphic designer, through to art director! Regardless of your career path, creating an online portfolio or reel will be essential to your job search process.
An art director is a supervisor responsible for generating effective visual branding for clients. This role may include creating or improving the look and feel of a magazine, Web site, and related products. Art directors are expected to strategize, design, and coordinate a team of designers to produce high-end results. Skill set requirements vary depending on the job, but include strong leadership experience, solid communication skills, and an excellent portfolio.
Game designers use graphics, 3D modeling, animation, and coding techniques to bring interactive games to life. Skill requirements vary depending on the role (such as texture artist or character designer), but an eye for current game trends, ability to plan and conceptualize, and strong communication skills are essential.
Graphic designers use visual elements to convey specific messages. A graphic designer may be responsible for developing presentations, brochures, advertisements, or print interactive materials. While specific skills vary by field (such as branding or print production), an artistic eye and solid composition skills are required to create mockups, and excellent communication skills are needed to work with a team of designers, editors, and directors.
Illustrators conceptualize and create new images to be used in publications and on the Web. Some illustrators combine traditional art skills, like drawing and painting, with digital media, and some work solely digitally. Artistic talent and an eye for composition are essential, as are communication skills and ability to work within a team setting.
A logo designer captures the essence of a company in a single element. Logo designers must be able to distill complicated concepts to simple and elegant forms with solid design and composition skills. Strong experience in branding, digital illustration and typography experience, and understanding of marketing are key to logo design success.
Marketing managers are responsible for conducting and evaluating market research for a product or service. Marketing managers may be responsible for conceptualizing, writing, and overseeing the design of materials such as catalogs, brochures and flyers. Excellent communication skills, understanding of marketing trends, and general design skills are necessary.
Packaging designers create effective three-dimensional designs to promote brands on the shelves. An eye for trends and presentation, as well as a mind for the print production process are essential. A strong design background is necessary as well as experience working with logos, brands, and marketing.
Web designers are responsible for the layout and look-and-feel of a company's Web site. Web designers work closely with a design team to create and maintain a consistent presence on the Web. A solid graphic design skill set and an interest in current Web practices is necessary in this position, as well as excellent communication skills and knowledge of HTML and CSS.
Find the perfect design job with our listings feed and graphic design job descriptions.