Credit transfer information for degree program applicants
Will My Credits Transfer?
We encourage degree program applicants to transfer college credits from other accredited institutions. Credit will be accepted for courses that are comparable in level and subject matter to Sessions College degree program courses.
Following are general school policies on credit transfer for degree programs (Associate Degree and Undergraduate Certificate):
- Credits will be accepted for college-level courses from nationally or regionally accredited institutions.
- Courses transferred must be comparable in level and focus to Sessions degree program courses and will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Students seeking to transfer credits must have earned a "C" grade (GPA 2.0) or higher.
- Students can transfer a maximum of 50% of credits to a Sessions College degree program.
- Students requesting credit transfer must submit official college transcripts prior to the registration deadline.
- Students who received a score of 3 or above on high school AP English, Art History, or Psychology exams may receive credit for specific general education requirements. CLEP scores in English and Psychology may also be considered for credit. Official AP and/or CLEP scores must be submitted to Sessions College prior to the registration deadline.
- All credit transfer requests will be evaluated on an individual basis. All Sessions College credit transfer decisions will be at the discretion of the Degree Program Acceptance Committee and made prior to enrollment.
- Associate Degree Programs: Graduates of Sessions College Professional and Advanced Certificate programs may be able to transfer credits for courses in which their work and grades are strong. Visit the Sessions academic bridge program.
- Undergraduate Certificate Programs: Any student wishing to transfer credit into the Undergraduate Certificate must provide transcripts and a $50 transfer evaluation fee. Credit transfer will be evaluated on the same basis as the general policies above.
Can I Transfer My Sessions College Credits to Other Schools?
Some students may consider further academic study after completing their Sessions College degrees courses or programs. While college credit transfer is never guaranteed—any admissions decision is always at the discretion of the accepting school—the status of Sessions College as a DEAC accredited school makes a favorable credit transfer decision more likely than courses taken at a non-accredited school. If credit transfer is important to you, you should always check with the college or university that you wish to transfer your credits to before you enroll.