Sessions College Site Redesign
It’s nearly spring, a time for fresh inspiration and new ideas. That’s why I’m delighted to announce a major design update today (Friday March 4th) to the Sessions College Web site.
The goal of the Web site revamp is to not only improve Web site performance (in every area from navigation to information flow to content and graphic design) but also to better express the identity of Sessions College and to enhance the features and services we provide for current and prospective students.
We invite you to take brief tour of our favorite new site pages.
1. Home Page. The home page will feature a regularly changing rotation of our top students and their work. Blogs for current students (Campus news) and alumni (Notes on Design) will provide frequently updated content for students.
2. Student Profiles. Sessions College attracts some of the most interesting and talented students anywhere – literally, from around the world! And so to convey the Sessions College experience we asked some of our talented current students and recent alumni to contribute interviews and pictorial profiles from each program area.
3. The Nav Bar. Navigating a site should be highly pleasurable, don’t you think? To assist site visitors with wayfinding, the Sessions creative team developed a color-coded nav bar that keep you oriented with a splash of color as you browse each area. Link colors in each area change accordingly.
4. For Students Tab. Sessions has always provided a wealth of resources for current students – and now they’re actually organized in one place! Just click on For Students to log into ANGEL, access handbooks, view the student gallery, find information on software discounts, access career center info, and more!
5. The Student Gallery. The student gallery has been getting stronger and stronger over the last year, but you may notice that the revamped student gallery features a subtle but awesome improvement – student headshots! Always wonder what the student who created that logo/web site/illustration looked like? Visit the gallery to find out…
6. Admissions Area. Program admissions should be as easy and painless as possible. So we’ve created an improved Admissions area that clarifies and simplifies the process of applying for degree and certificate programs, and has deeper information for military and international students. And as a bonus, visit this tab to meet our friendly, knowledgeable Tempe, Arizona admissions team.
As you might guess from this list, there are a whole host of changes at the Sessions site, and so you really need to stop by and check it out for yourself. What I hope you’ll see is an innovative online school serving an even more innovative group of students—namely, you guys!—and helping them take their creativity to the next level.
Gordon Drummond is the President of a Sessions College, where he is Director of Instructional Design, among many roles. He's passionate about education, technology, and the arts and likes to surround himself with more talented people.