What We Strive For as a School
The mission of Sessions College is to prepare art and design professionals by providing the highest quality of online arts education. The school prepares students for careers in art and design by providing a thorough training in the technical, creative, and critical thinking skills required for professional practice.
Sessions College offers Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS) degree programs and certificate programs in Graphic Design, Web Design, Digital Media, Illustration, Advertising Design, Digital Photography and Fine Arts.
Goal and Objectives
Sessions College is committed to delivering excellence in online education, empowering creative minds, offering students quality and value, and innovating in teaching and learning.
The school will fulfill its mission and goals by meeting the following objectives:
- Create an online learning environment that fosters community and accessibility while providing contemporary tools and media designed for a variety of learning styles.
- Maintain a faculty of professional artists and designers who provide excellent instruction, critique, and career guidance.
- Build a team of knowledgeable and caring student advisors who motivate students and inspire success.
- Provide an affordable higher education to college age students and adult learners.
- Enable adult learners to accomplish their educational goals on a busy schedule.
- Continuously modernize curricula to reflect current best practices and culture in art and design.
- Provide students with a thorough foundation in art and design theory and a proficiency in industry-standard design technologies
- Promote the understanding and improvement of art and design work through critique.
- Prepare students for art and design careers with portfolio development and career-focused curriculum.
- Instill research and critical thinking skills in a well-rounded liberal arts curriculum (degree programs).
- Advance the field of art and design through the preparation of qualified individuals.