Federal Student Aid Overview
Applying for Financial Aid
In order to apply for Federal Student Aid, you’ll need to complete the Free Application for Federal Financial Aid, or FAFSA. If you are applying to Sessions College, you’ll need to add our school code
042176 to your application. Don’t forget to complete both your FAFSA and your Sessions College application early, so your application can be processed in time for your desired start date.
Financial Aid Process
Apply to Sessions
How Do I Apply for Federal Student Aid?
Completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid) is a convenient online process.
Obtain an FSA ID
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Review and make corrections to your Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Monitor any federal loans that you receive.
Tip: If you are a dependent, a parent should also request a PIN, as it can be used as their electronic signature on the FAFSA.
Complete the FAFSA
Receive Your SAR
What If I Already Completed the FAFSA?
- Login at fafsa.ed.gov with your FSA ID.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions for making a correction.
- If you are a dependent, a parent should also request a FSA ID.
When Should I Complete My Sessions College Application?
Remember: Degree program applications require an essay, 5-10 samples of your art and design work, and transcripts from your high school and any colleges attended. While transcripts may take 2-3 weeks to assemble, our online application starts the ball rolling and can be completed in less than 10 minutes.