Sessions College At A Glance
When you’re applying to college, you need to understand the big picture. First find a program that’s right for you, then ask about outcomes. What is the student profile? How do graduation rates compare to other schools? Are graduates satisfied and do they find the creative employment they seek?
This page is our guide to consumer information based on our DEAC Annual Report and IPEDs surveys.
Sessions College attracts a diverse audience of nontraditional students from all over the world. Our students range in age from 20 to 62, with a median age of 30. 68% of our students are women. 33% of our students identify as minorities. More than 50% of our students are employed part or full time time during their programs.
We offer a wide range of Degree and Vocational programs in Graphic Design, Web Design, Digital Media, Illustration, Digital Photography, and more.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Graphic Design
- Undergraduate Certificate in Web Design
- Undergraduate Certificate in Digital Media
- Undergraduate Certificate in Illustration
- Undergraduate Certificate in Advertising Design
- Undergraduate Certificate in Print Design
- Undergraduate Certificate in Advanced Web Design
- Undergraduate Certificate in Digital Photography
Vocational Certificate programs provide flexible, instructor led programs completed in 9-12 months. The following affordable programs are available with classes starting each month.
A range of Advanced Certificate programs offer additional customized study options.
Founded in 1997, we’ve enrolled students from every state and territory in the United States and graduated students from more than 90 countries around the world.
In 2019, we worked with students from Germany, Colombia, Canada, China, France, Norway, Cayman Islands, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Spain, Morocco, South Korea, Iceland, Macau, Switzerland, Ethiopia, Bermuda, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, and the Bahamas.
Our faculty and advisors are focused on helping students succeed. Based on NCES data, our graduation rates are more than 10% higher than the national average for colleges in our category, which is 33%. (See NCES data.)
Source: 2019 DEAC Annual Report
We don’t offer job placement services, but our graduates report a high rate of success in advancing their careers and getting a creative job—at rates that compare favorably with traditional schools.
Source: 2019 Graduate Employment Survey
In 2019, our graduates reported employment in the following positions: Graphic Designer, Photographer, Website Designer, Design Business Owner, Marketing Manager, Videographer, Freelance artist, Video Editor, Museum Exhibit Specialist, SEO Content Writer, Promotions Manager.
We want our students to succeed, and so we strive for excellence in our teaching and customer service. Our goal is consistently high student satisfaction. View graduate testimonials.
|Achieved My Goals||Recommend to a Friend||Overall Satisfaction|
Source: 2019 DEAC Annual Report.
- Student Profile data based on DEAC 2019 Annual Report.
- Graduation rates based on DEAC 2019 Annual Report with 150% completion.
- Cohorts: Associate Degree – August 1, 2015, July 31, 2016; Undergraduate Certificate -August 1, 2017-July 31, 2018; Professional and Advanced Certificate – April 1, 2018-March 31, 2019.
- Employment rates data based on third party verified employment data, using the same cohorts as graduation rates.
- Satisfaction rates based on course completion surveys, 2019 DEAC Annual Report.
- Job title data based on third party verified employment data for 2019.
- For more information on national college graduation rates for 2-year colleges, visit the NCES site.
- For more information on the percentage of adult learners in U.S. higher education visit the AASCU site.
More consumer info: Federal Student Aid Consumer Information