Sessions College At A Glance
When you’re applying to college, you need to understand the big picture. What’s the best program for you? What is the student profile and how do graduation rates stack up? Are graduates satisfied and do they find the creative employment they seek?
Updated for 2023, this page is our guide to consumer information based on our DEAC Annual Report and IPEDs surveys.
Sessions College attracts a diverse audience of nontraditional students from all over the world. Our students range in age from 16 to 70, with an average age of 36. 75% percent of our students are adult learners. 53% of our students identify as female, 38% as male, and 9% as non-binary or prefer not to say. More than 50% of our students identify as people of color. More than 50% of our degree level students are employed part or full time during their programs.
We offer a wide range of Degree and Career programs in Graphic Design, Web Design, Digital Media, Illustration, Digital Photography, and more.
The 72-credit Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS) program is available in the following majors. Part-time schedules and financial aid are available for eligible students.
The 24-credit Undergraduate Certificate program offers a focused program in the following subjects. Part-time schedules and financial aid are available for eligible students.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Graphic Design
- Undergraduate Certificate in Web Design
- Undergraduate Certificate in Digital Media
- Undergraduate Certificate in Illustration
- Undergraduate Certificate in Advertising Design
- Undergraduate Certificate in Print Design
- Undergraduate Certificate in Advanced Web Design
- Undergraduate Certificate in Digital Photography
Career Certificate programs provide flexible, instructor led programs completed in 9-12 months. The following affordable programs are available with classes starting each month. Ask about Professional PLUS options.
Source: 2022 DEAC Annual Report
Founded in 1997 in NYC, we’ve enrolled students from every state and territory in the United States and graduated students from over 100 countries around the world. Approximately 5% of our students attend classes from outside the United States. In 2022, we worked with students who studied from Antigua, Australia, Bermuda, Canada, Germany, Greece, Grenada, India, Lebanon, Nigeria, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, United Republic of Tanzania, and the United Kingdom.
Our faculty and advisors are focused on helping students succeed. Based on NCES data, our graduation rates greatly exceed than the national average graduation rate of 34% for students attending 2-year colleges (see NCES data.)
Our current official NCES graduation rate for degree level programs is 40%, based on first-time, full-time students graduating at 150% of program length (see College Navigator). Additionally, the College Scorecard site, which evaluates the graduation rate for degree level programs over a longer period, calculates our graduation rate as 57%.
Source: 2022 DEAC Annual Report, all students
We don’t offer job placement services, but our graduates report a high rate of success in advancing their careers and getting a creative job—at rates that compare favorably with traditional schools.
In 2022, our graduates reported employment in the following positions: Marketing Specialist, Graphic Designer/Photographer, Cinematographer, Color Correction Technician, Social Media Manager, Marketing Design Specialist, Director of Marketing, Marketing Assistant, Visual Assets Coordinator, Project Manager, Video Editor/Creator, Graphic Designer, Web Designer, Video Editor, Videographic designer, Photographer, Graphic Designer, Designer
We want our students to succeed, and so we strive for excellence in our teaching and customer service. Our goal is consistently high student satisfaction. View graduate testimonials.
|Achieved My Goals||Recommend to a Friend||Overall Satisfaction|
Source: 2022 DEAC Annual Report.
- Student profile and enrollment data based on DEAC 2022 Annual Report. Enrollment data does not include non-program enrollments and partner school programs.
- Graduation rates based on DEAC 2022 Annual Report with 150% completion.
- Cohorts: Associate Degree – January 1, 2019, December 31, 2019; Undergraduate Certificate – January 1, 2021, December 31, 2021; Career Certificate Programs – January 1, 2021, December 31, 2021.
- Satisfaction rates based on course completion surveys, 2022 DEAC Annual Report.
- Job title data based on third party verified employment surveys for 2022.
- For more information on national college graduation rates for 2-year colleges, visit the NCES site.
- For more information on the percentage of adult learners in U.S. higher education visit the AASCU site.
More consumer info: Federal Student Aid Consumer Information