Sessions College At A Glance
When you’re applying to college, you need to understand the big picture. What’s the best program for you? What is the student profile and how do graduation rates stack up? Are graduates satisfied and do they find the creative employment they seek?
Updated for 2022, this page is our guide to consumer information based on our DEAC Annual Report and IPEDs surveys.
Sessions College attracts a diverse audience of nontraditional students from all over the world. Our students range in age from 18 to 79, with a median age of 31. 69% of our students are women. 35% of our students identify as minorities. 49% of our degree level students are employed part or full time during their programs.
We offer a wide range of Degree and Career programs in Graphic Design, Web Design, Digital Media, Illustration, Digital Photography, and more.
The 72-credit Associate of Occupational Studies (AOS) program is available in the following majors. Part-time schedules and financial aid are available for eligible students.
The 24-credit Undergraduate Certificate program offers a focused program in the following subjects. Part-time schedules and financial aid are available for eligible students.
- Undergraduate Certificate in Graphic Design
- Undergraduate Certificate in Web Design
- Undergraduate Certificate in Digital Media
- Undergraduate Certificate in Illustration
- Undergraduate Certificate in Advertising Design
- Undergraduate Certificate in Print Design
- Undergraduate Certificate in Advanced Web Design
- Undergraduate Certificate in Digital Photography
Career Certificate programs provide flexible, instructor led programs completed in 9-12 months. The following affordable programs are available with classes starting each month. Ask about Professional PLUS options.
Source: 2021 DEAC Annual Report
Founded in 1997 in NYC, we’ve enrolled students from every state and territory in the United States and graduated students from more than 90 countries around the world.
Around 10% of our students attend classes from outside the United States. In 2021, we worked with students who studied from Australia, Belgium, Canada, Ecuador, Germany, Guadeloupe, Greece, Grenada, Macau, Panama, India, Japan, Korea (South Korea), Nigeria. Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Switzerland, Tanzania, United Republic of, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, United Kingdom.
Our faculty and advisors are focused on helping students succeed. Based on NCES data, our graduation rates greatly exceed than the national average graduation rate of 33% for students attending 2-year colleges (see NCES data.)
Our current official NCES graduation rate for degree level programs is 50%, based on first-time, full-time students graduating with 150% (see College Navigator). Additionally, the College Scorecard site, which evaluates the graduation rate for degree level programs over a longer period, calculates our graduation rate as 67%.
Source: 2021 DEAC Annual Report, all students
We don’t offer job placement services, but our graduates report a high rate of success in advancing their careers and getting a creative job—at rates that compare favorably with traditional schools.
Source: 2021 Graduate Employment Survey
In 2020-2021, our graduates reported employment in the following positions: Graphic Designer, LogoMaker, Printing Services Specialist, Marketing Team Lead, Promotions Director, Creative Office, Account Executive, Illustrator, Design Assistant, Freelance Photographer, Marketing Coordinator, Artistic Director, E-Commerce Marketing Director, Audio Visual, and Website QA Specialist, Freelance Designer, Photographer, Graphic Designer, Marketing Specialist, Web Designer, and Marketing Design Specialist.
We want our students to succeed, and so we strive for excellence in our teaching and customer service. Our goal is consistently high student satisfaction. View graduate testimonials.
|Achieved My Goals||Recommend to a Friend||Overall Satisfaction|
Source: 2021 DEAC Annual Report.
- Student profile and enrollment data based on DEAC 2021 Annual Report. Enrollment data does not include non-program enrollments and partner school programs.
- Graduation rates based on DEAC 2021 Annual Report with 150% completion.
- Cohorts: Associate Degree – January 1, 2018, December 31, 2018; Undergraduate Certificate – January 1, 2020, December 31, 2020; Career Certificate Programs – January 1, 2020, December 31, 2020.
- Employment rates data based on third party verified employment data (CARS and Integrishield) using the same cohorts as graduation rates.
- Satisfaction rates based on course completion surveys, 2021 DEAC Annual Report.
- Job title data based on third party verified employment data for 2020 and 2021.
- For more information on national college graduation rates for 2-year colleges, visit the NCES site.
- For more information on the percentage of adult learners in U.S. higher education visit the AASCU site.
More consumer info: Federal Student Aid Consumer Information