Since 1997, Sessions College for Professional Design has been a leader in online education. From our days as a New York City startup through our recognition as a degree-granting Arizona college we’ve focused on providing the highest quality online education and preparing students to be design professionals.
In our fully online programs we serve a diverse, international student body of adult learners. We’ve graduated thousands of students from more than 90 countries around the world. Whatever your creative goals, we offer an accessible, affordable, and excellent online program that advances your career on your schedule.
Sessions College inspires current and future art and design professionals to achieve excellence through industry relevant, project-based online education. Our talented, passionate experts teach the artistic, digital, and critical thinking skills required by dynamic creative fields.
Sessions College offers Bachelor’s Degree, Associate Degree, and Certificate programs in a range of creative fields including Graphic Design, Web Design, Digital Media, Illustration, Advertising Design, Digital Photography and Fine Arts.
Goals and Objectives
Sessions College is committed to delivering excellence in online education, empowering creative minds, offering students quality and value, and innovating in teaching and learning.
The school will fulfill its mission and goals by meeting the following objectives:
- Create an online learning environment that fosters community and accessibility while providing contemporary tools and media designed for a variety of learning styles.
- Maintain a faculty of professional artists and designers who provide excellent instruction, critique, and career guidance.
- Build a team of knowledgeable and caring student advisors who motivate students and inspire success.
- Provide an affordable higher education to college age students and adult learners.
- Enable adult learners to accomplish their educational goals on a busy schedule.
- Continuously modernize curricula to reflect current best practices and culture in art and design.
- Provide students with a thorough foundation in art and design theory and a proficiency in industry-standard design technologies.
- Promote the understanding and improvement of art and design work through critique.
- Prepare students for art and design careers with portfolio development and relevant career-focused curriculum.
- Instill research and critical thinking skills through well-rounded general education curriculum and during class discussions and critiques.
- Advance the field of art and design through the preparation of qualified individuals.
Accreditations, Approvals, and Recognitions
Sessions College is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and accredited at the certificate level by the Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools. We are licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
Sessions College is the honored recipient of several awards and recognitions for quality in online education. Sessions College has won United States Distance Learning Association (USDLA) awards four times. We have received recognitions for excellence in design education, online education, and educational value.
Our faculty members are industry-leading artists and designers who bring together decades of professional and educational experience to deliver excellent courses and online instruction. They are recruited for their knowledge of the industry and excellence in creating and teaching design.
Our faculty are: Industry thought leaders who understand the changes in design technology. Experts who wrote the book on their subjects. Instructors with unique, specific skills. Art directors who have worked with major clients – and who can tell at a glance what needs to be improved in your work.
What Programs are Offered?
Well, what’s your dream job? At Sessions College, we prepare students for a wide selection of visual arts careers.
Degree and Undergraduate Certificate
Degree level programs include an exciting selection of majors: Graphic Design, Web Design, Digital Media, Illustration, Advertising Design, and Digital Photography. Classes start January, April, and August or you can join early start classes in February, June, and October. Program options include our premier Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Graphic Design program, our Associate Degree program, and our Undergraduate Certificate.
Vocational Programs provide a flexible, customizable career training designed for adult learners, with areas of study ranging from Graphic Design and Web Design to Fine Arts, Marketing Design, Digital Arts, and Multimedia. Classes start monthly and program options include Professional and Advanced Certificates.
Looking to upgrade specific skills? Enroll in a course on a self-paced schedule or join a degree class on a non-matriculated basis. Ask about applying your credits to a program later on.
Can I Afford It?
Everyone’s concerned about college costs today. We are too, which is why we’re delighted that Sessions College has been recognized for seven years in a row by the Federal College Affordability and Transparency Center for having among the lowest tuition in its category.
We believe that online education can provide convenience, quality, AND affordability. We deliver this offering a combination of affordable tuition, fees, and costs and access to the variety of ways to fund your education, from financial aid, to military benefits, to payment plans, and scholarships.
Who Are Y’all?
Founded in 1997, Sessions College is a pioneer in online education. In 20 years, the company has evolved from a boutique New York City startup to an Arizona-based institution of higher education with an exciting range of degree and certificate programs.
Just as important, we’re committed to delivering a high quality education and helping students achieve their goals. We hope we get a chance to work with you.