Browse our frequently updated list of full-time and freelance graphic design and Web design jobs. Note that most of the jobs will be based in the United States, but many offer off-site work. Click the job titles to view the full descriptions.
|Thu, 24 Apr 2014 03:40:55 CDT|
GatherContent: UI Designer
(Anywhere within UK) We're looking for an experienced, UK-based UI Designer who wants to be part of a remote-working, newly funded startup.
You'll be working closely with our Product Director and our development team to improve the product design. As our sole designer, you’ll be owning the look and feel of the app and adopting a human-centred approach to design. You will also be integrating your own work.
What we can offer you:
What we need in return:
- Remote working - we offer the opportunity to work remotely. Whether you want to come into the office daily or you want to travel, have family commitments at home or just live out of town: the choice and flexibility are yours.
- Family friendly - our founders have a baby so the company is very family oriented.
- Work/life balance - we work a 35 hour week and encourage downtime. It’s about quality over quantity.
- The chance to make an impact on our business - As a small team (6) there is a huge opportunity for everyone to contribute, collaborate and make their mark.
- Fun team - We love to have fun as a team. Even though we remote work, we get the team together at our office in London every 90 days for some hacking, burritos and bowling. We’re also introducing an annual company retreat in September.
- Stock options and pensions
The skills we're looking for are:
- Your undivided passion, energy, focus and enthusiasm for both the role and our business.
- A self-starter attitude with experience managing and prioritising your own workload.
- An ability to get things done quickly (whilst maintaining quality); working to a pace.
- A team-player who works as well with others as individually.
- Strong opinions, loosely held - no fear when it comes to inputting ideas and participating in product discussions with the team but happy to take critique, self-improve and move forward fast.
- Innovation - you need to be open and willing to adopt new technologies. Our processes change frequently and we always look to take a lean approach.
- Customer focus - You should always be thinking, “What can I be doing to deliver tremendous value to our customers?”
- Leave your ego at the door. We make decisions based on what’s right for the company, no exceptions. If you can’t work this way, please don’t apply.
Bonus points for experience with:
- Good written communication skills
- Excellent understanding of HTML / CSS / JS (jQuery)
- Experienced with Git (we follow gitflow)
- Experienced with MVC frameworks
- Great visual design skills
- Great interaction design skills
- Great user-experience design skills
- Attention to detail (we mean it!)
- The ability to put yourself in our users’ shoes
- PHP (CodeIgniter and/or Laravel)
- Agile working (we do fortnightly sprints and use Trello)
- Designing in the browser
- Font creation
Please be aware that although the position is remote we will need you to travel to London during the interview process, come down for a team day every three months and attend an annual international company retreat, if you’re successful.
- Start date - as soon as possible (note, our hiring process takes around two-three months)
- Pay - dependent on what you can bring to the table
- Full-time role
- Based anywhere in UK. Remote or on-site
If you think you sound like a good fit, please read the application steps below carefully; Apply
We’d love to see some examples of your design and UI and/or UX work, your blog (if you have one) and a cover letter with answers to the following questions;
- Why do you want to work at GatherContent?
- Can you share a piece of work that you’re proud of, or that you think represents an important part of your philosophy?
- Can you tell us about a hard problem you’ve had to solve, and how you went about solving it?
- Can you give us a brief description of your background (NOT a resume or CV)?
Also, please include the word ‘mango’ in your cover letter to show that you’ve read the job role (helps us weed out time wasters!)
We look forward to seeing your application. What happens next?
Our hiring process takes around two-three months. The job advert will be displayed for 30 days. After 30 days we review all of the applications, screen for design and technical ability, attention to detail and general suitability.
Applicants who are successful will go through a Skype cultural interview. Then, the next round involves a Skype technical/skills interview. Applicants who get through these stages go on to a 1 day team day in London where they will meet the team for some planning, designing and lunch. Travel and expenses will be covered.
Shortlisted applicants who get through the team day are given a paid homework ‘assignment’ which forms part of our agile sprint. We are happy to fit this in around your schedule if you currently have a job.
We will then be in touch very soon to let you know if you are successful :) About us
GatherContent is a SaaS platform which helps digital agencies and their clients to collaborate on web content before it hits the CMS. The platform enhances content development workflow, saving our customers time and money.
We launched in September 2012 and bootstrapped our way to profitability before closing seed funding in February 2014.
GatherContent is used by customers all over the world including Ogilvy, JWT, Spotify and Harvard University.
GatherContent’s office is based just off Brick Lane in East London but its team are remote around the UK.
|Wed, 23 Apr 2014 16:26:37 CDT|
B'stro: Junior Designer
B'stro is a digital marketing and branding agency with offices in San Francisco and Vancouver. We are looking for a full-time junior designer to join our San Francisco team and dive into a variety of projects, working with a number of high-profile national brands.
We're looking for a team player who can fit into our collaborative environment. We work with all types of clients, from global brands to local start-ups, and need someone who is excited about bringing our clients smart solutions that are both well designed and strategically on target. The ideal candidate is an intuitive thinker who not only has an amazing sense of design and understands usability, but is also on top of cutting edge trends for web and mobile interfaces. We are looking for a team player, someone who is willing to bring new ideas to the table and is capable of presenting ideas with passion. We also need someone who doesn't mind helping out with basic production work. Bottom line: A can-do attitude with team spirit is absolutely essential. Prima donnas and grumpy people need not apply.
• Strong typography and design skills
• Understanding of responsive web design
• Knowledge of design best practices for web, mobile, social media and print
• Basic knowledge of flash, HTML and CSS
• Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
• Ability to work in teams and independently
• A great work ethic with an ability to manage multiple client projects and work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent visual, verbal, written communication and presentation skills
• BFA in graphic design, while not required, is preferred
About the Position
This is a full-time job with benefits, vacation, etc. All work is performed at our office in the Dogpatch neighborhood of San Francisco. To learn more about us, see Bstro.com.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, along with a link to your online portfolio and a brief note explaining why you want to work at B'stro and how you are a great fit for this position. Please let us know where you learned about this position.
Apply: Please include your resume and a link to your portfolio. Also, let us know where you learned about this position.
|Wed, 23 Apr 2014 12:53:58 CDT|
Left+Right: UI Designer
(Anywhere) About Left+Right
Left+Right is a full service design and development company that combines creativity and modern technology to solve today’s complex business problems. We are a team of dedicated and experienced designers, developers, and engineers. We’ve worked for small businesses, international enterprises, ad agencies, governments, political campaigns, and non-profit organizations. For most of our clients, we design and build websites and web applications, but we don’t stop there. At Left+Right, we pride ourselves on focusing, not on simply building a beautiful product, but providing a business-focused solution that wows clients and delights users.
What will you do?
Although the title of this job is “UI Designer”, you will not be limited to designing user interfaces. We are a growing team, but still a small team. So, you’ll have the opportunity to spread your design wings as far as you can. You will spend a majority of your time designing various digital experiences, like new websites, interfaces and applications, with our development team. Beyond that, you might also be tasked with designing print collateral, logos or cranking out new icon designs.
Put simply, we are not just looking for an artist to make things look pretty. We need someone who can make applications intuitive and enjoyable to use.
- You have passion for simple design and beautiful typography (across all media).
- You are not chasing the latest design trends, you strive to create new ones.
- You have many years of experience with Adobe Creative Suite (but you might also carry your trusty sketch pad everywhere you go).
- You are an artist first - preferring to craft your own visual assets over shopping a stock site.
- You have a solid portfolio of websites and web applications you designed on your own (or as a lead designer).
- You strive for the highest quality possible, but can also achieve a goal within a limited budget and timeframe.
- Although this is a distributed team and you will work from home, you must be able to work during normal eastern business hours (Monday – Friday, 9AM–5PM).
- You’ve won awards or had your work featured in any design focused publication.
- You enjoy creating logos and visual branding.
- You have experience in print.
- You are creative. Prove it in how you approach this application.
Please send a link to your portfolio or Dribbble account.
Job Perks: Non-corporate environment (we’re a small distributed team).
Less commute time (did we mention we’re a distributed team?).
Ample opportunity for growth (we’re growing fast, so you will too).
Bonuses (if employed full time).
Apply: Send your resume and anything that you think will get our attention.
|Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:08:42 CDT|
Partner Fusion: Creative Director (Digital)
(Lehi, UT) Partner Fusion is changing the online travel industry by launching websites, mobile apps, and travel communities. Bring your passion for exceptional design and user experience and help us define the future of online travel.
The Partner Fusion Design Team is seeking a Creative Director to envision and craft web and mobile travel applications. Join a growing team of designers, developers, and marketers and lead the design and brand identity of a fast-growing company.
We need someone who can help create beautiful experiences across multiple platforms and devices. You need to have the ability to understand complex problems and a greater ability to turn those into simple solutions. You need to have experience working on web and mobile technologies. You need to show your experience in leading teams of other designers, engineers, and marketers. You need to understand new and current marketing strategies to help us reach audiences with different needs.
You will lead a team of designers, mentoring and regularly reviewing their work. You will set the direction on all branding and visual communications with the team.
You need to be a strong communicator who can advocate on behalf of the user. You will present your team's work with the executive team and help advance business strategies. You will work with the engineering and operations teams and help lead projects. You will work with the marketing team in launching campaigns. From conception to implementation to growth, you will need to work with the design, engineering, operations, marketing, and management teams.
What We Offer
We will offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and a great opportunity for you to lead and build a design team. You will be provided with hardware and software of your choice. We offer health insurance coverage and paid time off.
Job Perks: We will offer a competitive salary, a great working environment, and a great opportunity for you to lead and build a design team. You will be provided with hardware and software of your choice. We offer health insurance coverage and paid time off.
|Wed, 23 Apr 2014 10:01:54 CDT|
Ultimate Software: User Experience Designer
(Fort Lauderdale, FL) Are you looking to join a software company that is passionate about delivering an outstanding User Experience? At Ultimate Software UX is a top priority. It’s this passion and focus that allows Ultimate Software to attract the industry’s most talented User Experience professionals. We offer a world class enterprise software solution in the cloud and are looking to continuously bring it to the next level through User Experience improvements. Please apply now to be considered for this User Experience Designer position.
Ultimate is ranked #20 in FORTUNE's 100 'Best Places to Work For in 2014’. Ultimate is the top ranked cloud provider as well as the only HCM provider on the list. This is the third year in a row we have been listed on FORTUNE’s list. We were ranked #9 in 2013 and #25 in 2012. This position can be located in our Atlanta, Georgia office or in our headquarters office in Weston, Florida, which is just outside of Fort Lauderdale, FL.
We are looking for a talented and motivated UX Designer to join our growing team to create compelling, meaningful experiences that enable our users to achieve their goals. Core responsibilities include interaction design, applying ethnographic and usability data, analyzing both stated and emerging requirements, communicating your design motivations/decisions to various stakeholders, and working in a professional manner within a cross-functional team to achieve project goals.
- Produce compelling, engaging, user experiences that allow users to accomplish their tasks easily and efficiently. Achieve these goals while still fulfilling stated business requirements, project goals, and product vision
- Work with Product Strategy to understand product requirements and turning them into buildable user experiences
- Collaborate with other designers, user researchers, business analysts, and software engineers to enable the design process encouraging productive dialog, and helping the design team to solve design problems as they arise
- Participate and collaborate in concept development and design ideation for new product features
- Contribute toward and employ established UX patterns and conventions in experiences tailored to target devices (desktop, tablet, phone, etc.…)
- Produce design deliverables including user flows, sketches at various levels of fidelity, wireframes, journey maps, and other similar tools to demonstrate and to aid the validation of proposed design solutions
- Document the results of design related meetings and document design deliverables
- This position includes various levels of involvement in user research activities
- Solid skills in interaction design and an understanding of overall user experience principles
- 4+ years of professional design experience, including user experience design of web applications. Mobile experience is a strong plus
- Strong online, or distributable, portfolio/work samples that demonstrate a high-level of proficiency in interaction design for business applications of a similar complexity to the Human Capital Management domain
- Demonstrated ability to learn and design for complex business tasks and supporting technologies
- Experience working with a Product Strategy organization working with them to understand product requirements and turning the requirements into buildable user experiences
- Must possess good writing, presentation, and time management skills
- Must be a solid, professional, team player
- Must be able to work effectively with cross-functional teams to prioritize UX issues and review the results of user research
- Must possess a solid working experience with appropriate design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, and Balsamiq
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- High degree of self-motivation to learn new methodologies that will enhance job performance
- Experience employing user experience practices in the of Agile/Lean methodologies
- Self-motivated and willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done
- High degree of organizational skills
- An ability to work in a professional manner with various types of personalities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bachelors/Masters degree in interaction design, industrial design, visual design, HCI, or a related field. Experience in the field will be considered in place of a degree if accompanied by 5+ years of experience and a very strong portfolio
Job Perks: -Full medical & dental coverage for you & your family paid 100% by US
-401K with no employer set cap and 35% contribution match
-Wellness coach and massage therapist on staff
-Revenue growth of 23% per year and 96% customer retention and stock units
Apply: Please send resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org!
|Wed, 23 Apr 2014 09:40:06 CDT|
Cornell University: Web Designer (Job #23518)
(Ithaca, NY) The Marketing Group in University Communications is seeking a talented UI/UX Designer to bring a new dimension of creative sophistication to the university’s central web properties. Our primary objective is to surface the amazing activity at Cornell to audiences far and wide – and we need your help. We are a creative group whose main responsibility is promotion and stewardship of the Cornell University brand. We accomplish this by telling stories about the people and activities of the university as they relate to Cornell’s strategic initiatives. Our platforms are visuals, language, and interactive experience.
We’re looking for a user-centered designer who can wear multiple front-end hats to work collaboratively on a high performing team. Your designs are clean, precise, fresh, bold, and engaging. You are ahead of the curve, pushing the envelope, while maintaining the discipline of best practices and accessibility standards. You use design to solve problems, meet the needs of users, and generate an emotional response. As a candidate for this position, you must be able to clearly communicate solid reasoning behind your design decisions, and see the value in receiving and providing constructive criticism.
Some highlights of the work you will do: set the pace for the rest of the university to follow; be responsible for the most visible web properties at Cornell – reaching millions of visitors each month; work on a highly creative team of other web professionals, designers, writers, photographers, videographers, and project managers; solve a wide variety of design challenges – from web application interfaces, to new highly interactive transmedia story telling; pitch your own ideas to the team; lead campus-wide discussions on best practices and user-centered design; work in a fun, collaborative environment. Our group includes 28 people—a senior director and six teams (web development, writing, photography, design, video production, and operations).
- Bachelor’s degree with more than 3 years and less than 5 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Translate communication needs into engaging, user-friendly, web properties; communicate clearly and effectively with back-end developers, project managers, clients, senior leaders;
- Utilize visual comps, wireframes, prototypes, user testing, and audience analysis to test and validate design decisions;
- Design effective and engaging responsive user interfaces for any device (desktop, tablet, mobile, etc.);
- Have command of HTML5/CSS3/JS – able to write clean, accessible, standards-compliant, cross-browser-friendly, front-end code;
- Have experience with content management systems (preferably Wordpress and Drupal);
- Understand the basics of server side languages and databases, and how your code will be integrated.
- Experience in an advertising/marketing agency is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree with coursework in communications or related field is also preferred.
Job Perks: In addition to health care, dental, vision, retirement, and all of the standard-issue benefits, Cornell employees are eligible for educational benefits, corporate discounts, access to fitness centers, childcare grants, and a wide variety of perks:
|Tue, 22 Apr 2014 16:52:22 CDT|
NINE15: Jr. Front-end developer/designer
(Austin, TX) We're a small design studio based in Austin, TX. We're looking for a Jr. front-end developer to join the team. We're looking for someone who is passionate about coding and detail oriented.
The primary responsibility will be developing and building responsive websites based on photoshop designs, working directly with designers and clients to deliver high quality products.
- Expert in HTML5/CSS3
- Very Comfortable with jQuery/JS
- Comfortable working with different content managment systems
- Comfortable working in Photoshop
- Good eye for design and attention to details
- Familiar with jQuery Mobile.
- Familiar with GIT.
- Familiar with LESS & SCSS
- Familiar with Shopify, WP, and other CMS platforms.
- Familiar with server side tech. like PHP, Ruby, MYSQL, etc.
If interested, please send us a message with the following:
- A little about yourself
- What you look for in a company
- Work and experience
- Work samples (URLs) and you've done
- Compensation requirements
Job Perks: - Competitive Salary
- Casual environment
- Great hardware
- SXSW Badge
- Help with relocation
|Tue, 22 Apr 2014 16:39:36 CDT|
Lonely Planet: Product Designer
(Franklin, TN) Position Overview:
The Product Designer is responsible for the delivery of high-quality, intuitive, consistent and elegant design solutions across Lonely Planet’s products and services.
This position will offer leadership in creative and interactive product design both within the Business Development team and across the broader digital design, product and development teams. The Product Designer will help develop the user experience strategy, and will provide suggestions, ideas and solutions, to set the quality benchmark, ensure it is adhered to and challenge it where required.
The Product Designer will be responsible for working across many platforms, some of which include but are not limited to, Video, Mobile, Merchandise, Developing sub-brands, Commercial products and complimentary paraphernalia, Event materials, Sponsorship, Industrial Product Design etc…
This role will ensure that all design work is completed to an agreed look and feel, on schedule. In addition, this role will consult with and contribute to the brand direction of Lonely Planet and help maintain consistency in brand execution, messaging and compliance.
Key Result Areas:
Teamwork & Communication:
- Create quality, user-centred designs for commercial digital products by considering market analysis and user research findings
- Develop wire frames, interaction models and workflows for digital products as required
- Work with Business Development Managers, Project Managers, Marketers and Content Producers to develop appropriate visual and interactive design solutions. Consider their needs in the process
- Ensure that designs across the Design team are delivered within the relevant project methodologies
- Mentor junior designers to ensure that work is of a consistent quality
- Develop and maintain brand style guides and communicate accordingly
- Contribute creative ideas and apply creative thinking to problem solving
- Champion design cohesion and consistency
- Ensure that interface designs and development keep moving ahead of industry standards.
Policies & Procedures:
- Work as part of the LP community to create a positive, tolerant and harmonious work environment
- Deal with all staff in a helpful, courteous and respectful manner
- Communicate ideas which may improve the efficiency, performance or standards of your department and be open to the consideration of new ideas
- Actively participate in the giving and receiving of constructive feedback to ensure understanding and open team relationships
- Ability to work in a virtual team environment, communicating effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Ability to work in a distributed team environment.
Key Skills / Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications / Attributes:Essential
- Actively ensure that the workplace is kept free from harassment, bullying behaviour and discrimination through thoughtful behaviour and leading by example
- Work in accordance with Lonely Planet policy and procedural guidelines
- Comply with all Occupational Health and Safety guidelines, reporting any potential risks or hazards
- Follow safe work practices for self and others.
- Strong theoretical and applied design skills, including experience in visual, interaction and application design
- Understanding and championing of accessibility and usability industry best practice
- Strong understanding of user-centred design methodologies
- Excellent understanding of user experience principles and a strong focus on the user when developing interactive solutions
- An accredited design qualification and industry experience in a digital design role, including experience in interaction design
- Excellent understanding of colour, typography, layout and iconography
- Ability to develop, improve, document and implement effective processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including experience in report-writing, formal and informal design reviews, and recommendations
- Proficiency with current versions of Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash (both animation and actionscript)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Deadline oriented with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
- High level of initiative with a creative perspective to problem solving
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Ability to mentor and develop interactive team
- Proven ability to manage and expand a pool of resources or 3rdparty suppliers (where required)
- Assist with vendor selection process where required.
- Understanding of digital product development and product management
- Experience in implementing user-centred design in an Agile environment
- Experience in planning and facilitating user research
- Experience in rapid prototype development.
|Tue, 22 Apr 2014 13:05:01 CDT|
Crunchyroll: Product Designer
(San Francisco) Full-Time, San Francisco
Crunchyroll is looking for talented and passionate designers to work on our web, mobile, and living room device products. You will work with a stellar team of designers to create intuitive user experiences and innovative user interfaces that millions of our viewers will engage and interact with.
- Work with the development team to create an exceptional user experience for web, mobile, and TV
- Iterate and contribute to key user workflows
- Analyze user interaction and responses to help drive design decisions
- Design and code UI/UX for web, mobile, and TV applications
- Bachelor's degree in design, engineering or related
- Expert in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- An exceptional eye for beautiful design and usability
- Understand the nuances of UX and UI and passionate about both
- Detail-oriented, be able to tweak digital graphics at the pixel level and adjust the smallest shades of color
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance, 401k, and Commuter benefits
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Free lunches 3x/week
- Pet friendly environment
About Crunchyroll, Inc.Crunchyroll is a leading global destination and platform for Japanese anime and Asian content. Through applications including Crunchyroll for iPhone, iPad, Android, Playstation®3, Playstation®4, Xbox LIVE®, AppleTV, Roku, Internet-enabled TVs, set-top boxes, affiliate websites and its own streaming website, Crunchyroll delivers more than 25,000 episodes and 15,000 hours of officially-licensed content from leading Asian media producers direct to viewers translated professionally in multiple languages within minutes of TV broadcast. Crunchyroll has offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and Tokyo, and is a member of the Association of Japanese Animations (AJA) and Licensing International Merchandisers' Association (LIMA). More information about the company can be found at www.crunchyroll.com.
|Tue, 22 Apr 2014 12:50:50 CDT|
Big Cartel: Product Designer
(Anywhere in the U.S.) Big Cartel is home to over 500,000 independent artists, all hustling to make a living doing what they love. We’re looking for a product designer who’s passionate about helping those artists by creating the simple tools they use. We’re a small team, so you’ll have a direct hand in crafting our future through designing new features, refining existing UX/UI, and the many other random projects our small team environment allows.
The person we’re looking for will have a design background that shows they look beyond the latest trends and can create simple, clear, and engaging work with a high level of craftsmanship. Someone with a track record of taking complex problems and simplifying them into obvious interfaces. Our preference is also for someone that has experience designing for web and mobile apps, rather than the standard client marketing sites.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
And a big gold star if you have:
- A solid design background with an obsessive eye for details
- Experience building web and mobile apps
- Ability to strangle some HTML and CSS with your bare hands
- Self-motivated and able to efficiently run with a project without close supervision
- Experience with newer tools like SASS and HAML
- Experience working remotely or on your own
- Experience managing projects and teams
If you’re interested, you can find out more about how we think and work in our handbook
. When you’re ready to apply, we’d love to hear a little about yourself and see some examples your work. Bonus points for uniqueness and anything else that makes you stand out.
Job Perks: - Work from anywhere in the U.S. (extra credit for SLC, UT)
- Honor-system PTO
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Free books and conferences
- The best hardware and software available
- Funding for your ideas through our Employee Art Grant