|Wed, 26 Nov 2014 17:08:49 CST|
CenturyLink: Visual Designer
(Bellevue, WA) We're looking for a passionate, driven designer to help tell the story of CenturyLink Cloud. You'll work with the Creative Director to create interactive things (websites, apps), but you'll also have the opportunity to design presentations, t-shirts, stickers, posters and other types of business collateral. You'll be responsible for everything from initial concept, to helping with final execution with a team of developers. We're looking for someone who isn't afraid to wear a lot of hats to get a project done. You have experience in UI design, graphic design, and aren't afraid at the thought of prototyping your designs in HTML/CSS. You're passionate about design, telling product stories, and solving problems.Responsibilties
- Work with creative director, product managers and/or engineers to determine requirements, articulate needs, and translate those needs into elegant designs
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to stakeholders
- Give and solicit feedback from other team members in order to continually raise our level of quality
- Develop and maintain design mockups, asset kits, and specifications as needed
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across brand touch points
|Wed, 26 Nov 2014 15:38:37 CST|
AJ Madison: eCommerce Marketing Creative Manager
(Brooklyn, New York) We are a leading online retailer seeking a senior marketing designer who possesses a superb aesthetic sense, an exceptional eye for detail and a deep appreciation for fun and impactful design.
In this role, you will push the limits of design, think outside of the box, and will have a solid understanding of user experience. This position will be responsible for helping design landing pages, emails and banners, provide ongoing graphics.
- Design creation from concept through production and execution,
- Establish design standards and ensure adherence to it.
- While this role is largely focused on digital design, the designer must be able to provide multiple design solutions for off-line and retail media channels
- Well versed in fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines and principals.
- Design campaigns and marketing efforts to “break the clutter” while creating a brand look and feel and continuity.
- Develops new original graphics and design elements for landing pages, banners and email campaigns.
- Manage creative work and e-commerce solutions supported by web-based promotions, page layouts and other creative assets.
- Work closely with Product and Technology team on U/X and digital asset upgrades
. Required Skills
- Strong skillset within the Adobe suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Excellent layout and composition abilities
- Must have strong typography skills
- Must exhibit understanding of user experience
- Understanding of current web technologies and trends
- 5+ experience as a graphic designer in a consumer facing retail/ecommerce environment
- Knowledge of current graphic design techniques and web production software (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Dreamweaver
- Strong ability to conceptualize and design web-based solutions
- Detail oriented, with good follow-through.
- Link to online portfolio for evaluation
- Passion and drive for making the best even better
Apply: Subject Line: "Applicant: eCommerce Marketing Creative Manager"
|Tue, 25 Nov 2014 17:16:13 CST|
Modea: Interaction Designer
(Blacksburg, VA) Are you looking for a career where you can use the latest technologies and design trends? Are you somebody who is driven by working on a team of people from all different disciplines? Do you have a passion for design and user experience and want to work on projects where what you do makes a difference? We would love to have you here at Modea!
Join Modea and help transform top healthcare, financial services and telecom companies into digital leaders. Our small size (less than 100 Modeans) and purposeful growth provides a unique opportunity to innovate, create, grow, and advance. Join Modea, and make delivering innovative work, with a team you will love, the next step in your career.
Modeans build careers in three different areas of our business: Design, Technology, and Consulting. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment, and structure for career progression.
Our interaction designers combine creativity, innovation, technical-proficiency, and team collaboration to create superior digital products for a number of Fortune 500 brands. You'll balance form and function to push the limits of what can be done with technology and work on anything from beautiful image composites to detailed interfaces. As a member of the creative team, you'll be working directly with experienced, creative directors, art directors, and user experience designers. And while the team has plenty of fun together, we also work hard for our clients, our company, and our own professional development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Able to work closely with team members and be involved in the most creative design functions, including UX research and planning, detailed wireframing, prototyping and visual design execution
- Define and execute designs based on UX principles, client strategy, brand and creative guidelines
- Strong Design Fundamentals
- Strong Knowledge of UX Principles and Methodologies
- Create Superior Initial Visual Designs
- Strong Responsive Web Design Execution
- Detailed Wireframe & Prototyping
- Assist in Formulation of “Big Idea” Solutions to Gnarly Problems
- Strong Knowledge of Current UI Techniques and Best Practices
- Collaborates Well with other Designers, Directors and Developers
- Foundational Understanding of Agile Process and Product Ownership
- Proficient in Google Analytics and Application
- Plan and Execute User Tests for Improved UX
- Develop Style Guides (Fonts, Colors, Imagery)
- Build and Participate in Client Presentations
- Final Visual QA
- 2 to 4 years of interaction experience in the UX and visual design of multiple projects
- An online portfolio, showcasing well-executed examples of UX and visual design
- Strong understanding and experience of UX fundamentals, user testing and visual design.
- Strong experience using User-Centered Design thinking in the creation of an optimal user experience, from wireframes to final visual design
- Proficient in the principles and practice of Responsive Web Design
- Proficient in multiple types of design/wireframing tools: Photoshop, Axure and/or Sketch
- Constantly curious and researching current web technology trends, UX methodologies, visual designs, functionality and other related creative technology spaces
- Strong problem solving skills and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A positive attitude and an inspiring work ethic
- E-commerce experience is a plus
- BA/BS/BFA degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product), HCI, CS or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
Job Perks: Rich benefits package, Free Lunch Fridays, discounted gym memberships, great events throughout the year, fully stocked pantry (even the healthy options!) and unlimited coffee/tea/soda!
|Tue, 25 Nov 2014 14:28:09 CST|
Fitch Ratings: UI/UX Designer
(New York, NY) Fitch Ratings is seeking a UI/UX Designer to design a dramatically simplified, more useful, and pleasing web presence for Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions. We need someone who is deeply passionate about the web as the core medium for packaging, presenting, and promoting information, and experienced at designing for an audience that wants that information delivered in ways that help them get the right insight to make informed, confident decisions. This is an opportunity to help a highly-respected financial information services company build a new web presence that presents itself as a leader in the industry.
- An outstanding body of work (portfolio, dribbble account) that shows your ability to design compelling, simple, beautiful, and responsive web interfaces
- Demonstrated mastery of design tools (i.e. Photoshop, Pixelmator, Sketch, OmniGraffle, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Well-versed in visual, interactive, and user-centered design principles, as well as typography and composition
- Comfortable sketching and articulating a design concept, and rigorously refining it to pixel-perfect detail
- Multiple years of experience working hand-in-hand with front-end web developers to translate and develop designs into working interfaces
- Ability to prioritize work and use critical thinking skills to come up with creative solutions
- Design Degree (Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related) or work experience
Job Perks: Great benefits: medical/dental/vision, domestic partner benefits, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, commuter benefits, and more.
Brand-new office with great views of Lower Manhattan, dual-displays and your choice of Mac or PC.
Back-Up Childcare nearby for times when your regular arrangements aren’t available.
Subsidized gym membership (and it's right across the street!)
Apply: To be considered, you must be located in New York, and include a link to your portfolio or dribbble account with examples of your best work.
|Mon, 24 Nov 2014 12:34:09 CST|
Jirafe: Visual Designer/UI/UX
(New York, NY) Jirafe is looking for a talented visual designer to join our rapidly growing team. We are a smart, collaborative, and well-funded startup seeking someone who possesses a keen eye and a passion for clean, usable design. In this role you will be in charge of managing the interactive design process and shepherding updates including but not limited to: ideation, designing, decision-driving, presenting ideas/deliverables, estimating needs and schedules, development, and tracking issues. You will be given lots of responsibility, lots of freedom, big and fun problems to solve and help and advice when you want it from a team that enjoys working together.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of modern web design techniques: the grid system, typography, color, brand expression, web accessibility, and responsive web design. You should be able to create wireframes and translate them into visual mockups. If you have the ability to take content/specs and translate it into an easy-to-use and clearly communicated design, you might be an excellent fit. You must also be comfortable with rapid iterations through feature additions and updates and can consider various use cases and user flows across different platforms. Some experience with front end development (i.e. more Dribbble than Github) would be a huge plus.
- Have a strong online portfolio (required for consideration)
- Have a great eye for web application UI’s and genuinely enjoy making them intuitive, attractive, and fun
- Creating simple yet effective design solutions
- Creating designs that fit well within Jirafe’s existing site design and visual language
- Understanding the impact your design has on the code
- Understanding responsive design and development
- Can work comfortably alongside both engineering and marketing teams
- A strong written and verbal communicator
- Attention to detail
- Expert knowledge of Photoshop & Illustrator
- Understanding and implementation of industry best practices across digital platforms
- Positive attitude and sense of humor are a must!
- HTML & CSS
- Custom illustration and drawing skills
Jirafe is “commerce intelligence that actually makes you smarter.” We help brands like Nasty Gal, Diamond Candles, and Joe Fresh grow revenues through our commerce-tailored analytics. In the last three years, tens of thousands of merchants started using Jirafe to make data-driven marketing and merchandising decisions. Our customers know who buys, what sells and how to grow their business.
We are a passionate and collaborative team based in the heart of Greenwich Village in New York City, surrounded by NYU and Washington Square Park. We offer full benefits, flexible work schedules, unlimited vacation days, bountiful snacks and free-flowing beer. We are well-funded by top VC firms including Foundry Group, FirstMark Capital, First Round Capital, O'Reilly Alpha Tech Ventures and the City of New York.
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced but fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and of course collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks. If this sounds like a job and environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you. To apply, send us work you're proud of, links to your Dribbble profile, and why you’re interested to work with Jirafe. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Job Perks: Full Benefits
Flexible Work Schedules
Unlimited Sick/Vacation Days
Plenty of Your Favorite Snacks and Beer
Apply: Please include a link to your online portfolio, a link to your Dribbble profile (if applicable), and why you're interested to work with Jirafe!
|Sun, 23 Nov 2014 11:25:35 CST|
Emmi Solutions: UI/UX Designer
(Chicago) We're looking for designers to help us re-define the healthcare experience. If you're a problem solver with a natural sense of curiosity, and you're looking for something other than agency work, we should talk.
As part of our product design and development team, you'll help create web applications and interactive experiences that reach millions of people. You'll bring aesthetic sensibility and an affinity for experience/interaction design to our multi-disciplinary team.
You'll spend your time in a fun, casual environment where you will think, solve, and create alongside other talented people. You'll have direct influence on the visual design and overall experience, and will be involved in projects from concept to completion.
Emmi Solutions is a healthcare technology company designing interactive solutions to engage and empower patients. For 12 years we've made a measurable difference in the lives of patients. The products are cool, clients love what we do, and the work is meaningful. But don't just take our word for it–– we were recently named a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune and a Top Digital Company by Built in Chicago.
Job Perks: The "Camp Emmi" experience includes a variety of activities including competitive foosball, cook-offs, classes, decathlons, social gatherings–– there's always somethin' goin' on. Bonus plan, continuing education, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, disability), 401k matching, financial planning, and plenty of time off to recharge.
Apply: Please include a link to a portfolio of your work.
|Fri, 21 Nov 2014 15:05:24 CST|
Magnani Caruso Dutton: Interactive Designer - Flash Animator
(New York, NY) We currently seek an Interactive Designer with a strong Flash animation background to work on-site with our team.Primary responsibility is to execute Flash production to bring storyboards to life through motion graphics. You will also concept and create storyboards with Copywriters and Art Directors. At times you may also work across a wide range of digital projects including website designs, animations, banner campaigns, graphic user interfaces, style guides and presentation materials. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated Designer who is experienced in working on big brands on large-scale projects.Your skill set will encompass visual design and production. You must possess strong Photoshop and Flash skills. Experience in AS2 and AS3 is a must—HTML 5 and DoubleClick Studio are a big plus. You should also have an innate attention to detail and a penchant for perfecting banners.
- Strong typographic and layout skills
- Working knowledge of current development practices
- Stellar Flash animation sills
- But, above all, we seek talent before experience.
We appreciate and thank you in advance for your interest in our openings. Qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes please. Direct applicants only, no third-party staffing inquiries please. Magnani Caruso Dutton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Fri, 21 Nov 2014 14:11:44 CST|
Local Government Federal Credit Union: Web Designer
(Raleigh, NC) LGFCU hires and retains the best and brightest employees who share a commitment to the mission, are people-centered, are highly skilled in their area of expertise and pursue excellence in all that they do. Every employee is essential to fulfilling our mission "to improve the lives of our members" and contributing to the achievement of our organizational goals. LGFCU empowers employees to develop professionally and personally.
Local Government Federal Credit Union (LGFCU), a $1.4 billion credit union providing financial services to North Carolina's local government employees, elected/appointed officials, volunteers, and their families, is seeking talented professionals to help us achieve our mission to improve the lives of our members.
The Web Designer is responsible for creating and maintaining consistent graphic content for various LGFCU digital design projects including Websites and online marketing materials. This role will translate content into design concepts, layouts and building finished Web projects while keeping top of mind the needs of our members. The Web Designer will play a key role in ensuring accurate graphic representation of the LGFCU brand in online channels.
- Create graphics for online use, map the flow of all Websites, build concepts using HTML and CSS, and provide specifications to Web Developer and outside vendors for development of databases, interactive applications and custom graphics.
- Develop front-end design solutions, preparing storyboards for video or Websites when appropriate.
- Works with other designers to maintain a consistent organization of visual and Web assets.
- Promotes the use of the Website and other electronic services among the staff and membership.
- Stay abreast of tools and ideologies that can improve our design, development and online marketing strategies and processes.
- Frequently test Website usability and revise sites based on user interaction and feedback. Advise when site user interface design requires revision.
- Ensure site design is easy to navigate and understand, and is scalable for seamless site updates.
- Collaborate with project teams to plan, analyze, organize and execute design projects. Proof and evaluate material from other internal departments.
- Perform other design, programming, administrative and special project duties as assigned by the Design Manager.
|Thu, 20 Nov 2014 17:44:27 CST|
Formstack, LLC: Product Designer
(Anywhere) Formstack, the most flexible and powerful form-building application, is looking for a Product Designer to add to its already awesome UX Team.
Formstack is an 8 year old company with its roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We have employees in: Oklahoma City, Charlotte, Chicago, Los Angeles, Cynthiana, Miami, Bethlehem, PA, Atlanta, Krakow Poland, Texas, Portland, Bloomington, and Indianapolis. We provide a remote work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform. With that said, relocation is not required for those living outside Indianapolis.
Who You Are:
You're passionate about web apps, user-centered web design and have a passion for learning new skills. You also enjoy working in a collaborative environment that values critical & constructive discussions about design.
What You'll Do:
How you Qualify for the Job:
- Work with the UX and Development team to design and iterate user interface designs for the Formstack app.
- Collaborate with our Product Manager, Fellow Designers and Development team to create wireframes, prototypes, user flows, mockups and polished final designs.
- Produce final user interface designs, while adhering to and improving the UI library.
- Work with both the UX and Development team to implement your designs in an agile workflow environment.
Extra Credit Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience.
- BA degree or higher.
- Experience working closely with product development teams.
- Practicing UX Design as a major role in your job.
- Knowledge of how to best design to solve business and user problems. Ability to understand the needs of customers.
- Design fundamentals including information design, visual design, industry UI standards for desktop and web-based applications, and ease of use best practices.
- Experience with relevant design tools (Adobe CS, Sketch, Axure, ...)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Why You Want to Work at Formstack:
- Experience working on a UX team.
- Experience with designing, running and analyzing A/B tests on a regular basis.
- Experience designing for mobile apps (iOS, Android, Windows, etc.) and the mobile web.
- Fantastic Remote Environment
- Medical, Dental, Vision as well as company-paid Disability and Life Insurance Benefits.
- 401k with matching company contribution
- Friday Lunch (Indianapolis Office)
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning
- Yearly company gatherings
- Generous PTO
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? Check out our about page
and apply if you want to jump into the next great chapter of your life!
|Thu, 20 Nov 2014 17:00:11 CST|
Movie Mouth, Inc.: UX/UI Designer
(Salt Lake City, Utah) About the Company:
Movie Mouth is a software startup building a sophisticated and innovative movie-based language learning tool. We are a small but growing company with private equity funding looking for an aggressive and very public launch early in 2015. Very casual working environment, with emphasis on results.
About the Position:
We are currently looking for a brilliant UX/UI designer to drive the user experience of our flagship software offering, as well as to design occasional static content, including our website. We're looking for the best of the best, preferably a designer interested in growing into a larger role with an emerging startup.
Our ideal candidate will have experience designing the user experience of an interactive software application. Your portfolio MUST show this kind of experience for you to be considered for this position.
Our design principles and practices include:
- We iterate early with wireframes to get the process flow / information design right
- We require that the user experience is so simple that no manual is required
- While we appreciate beautiful design, we favor user experience over graphic design, and function over form; we need you to be an expert in both
We're more interested in great ideas than in someone who knows a particular toolkit (we've used UXPin, Balsamiq, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator) and we care more about people than processes. This is not a "corporate" type position - which means casual and stressful at the same time, and plenty of visibility. We want someone who is, not only very intelligent, but also great to be around and can deliver results consistently. Portuguese or Spanish language ability is a plus.
Apply: Please include a resume, cover letter, and link to your portfolio. Your portfolio MUST contain UX work you have done to be considered. Tell us about yourself, and why we'd be lucky to have you on board. So that we can easily filter out those that don't follow directions, please include your favorite color in the subject of your e-mail. We may follow up with some questions and, if we see a potential fit, will invite you in for an interview.