As a designer working today, you'll likely need to develop designs deployed through a wide range of interactive media and/or social media. How will you react when a client wants you to direct their web strategy or coordinate their social media campaigns? In this class, we will research and discuss current interactive marketing strategies and venues. You will then translate your research into the development of practical interactive media projects that can expand the depth of your portfolio. The final presentation should reflect your research and include finalized designs that demonstrate your design expertise and ability to strategically plan the development of interactive graphic design.
Course At A Glance
- 100% online
- Credit-bearing: 3 Credits
- Classes start January, April, and August
The course is taught by the following instructor(s):
The Revolution is Interactive
A personal story about how today's interactive marketing came to be.
What Changed Marketing?
We will explore what traditional marketing is and examine the technological changes that disrupted it.
What is Interactive Marketing?
We will examine the core principles that define digital and interactive marketing.
Putting it All Together
How to interview a client and develop a campaign strategy.
Researching The Platforms
How to research what you need to know and become an expert in SEO, Adwords, FaceBook, and more.
Sample Student Work
What Are The Course Projects?
Students will research and develop a practical interactive media project that can expand the depth of their portfolios. Students will have the opportunity to research and design for an interactive platform of their choice. The students' final presentation should reflect their research and include designs that demonstrate their design expertise and ability to strategically plan the development of interactive design.
What Software or Supplies Do I Need?
- Computer with Internet connection.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign CC.
What Will I Learn?
Students in this course can expect to learn to:
- Develop designs deployed through a wide range of interactive media and/or social media.
- Prepare for engaging with a client who may request that you direct their web strategy or coordinate their social media campaigns.
- Research and discuss current interactive marketing strategies and venues.
- Develop an interactive marketing plan including an emphasis upon message, intended audience, demographics, market reach, budget, and venue options.
- Translate research into the development of practical interactive media projects that can expand the depth of your program portfolio.
- Conceive and present an interactive design project and plan based on research, demonstrating design expertise and strategic problem solving skills.
- Classes start January, April, and August
- 3 Credit Course
- Project-Based: Exercises, Discussions, and Critiques
|Course Tuition and Fees
|Total Course Price
Registration fees are nonrefundable after 5 days from enrollment. All tuition includes a digital materials fee for course content.
Course Registration Form
To register for this course, use the form below to enter your information and desired start date. An Admissions Advisor will contact you to arrange payment and provide you with an Enrollment Agreement.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What Are The Courses Like?
Our courses are project-based. In each course you’ll enjoy a series of lectures, projects, discussions, and critiques designed to stretch your creative skills, earning college credit for your completed course.
How Much Time Do I Need?
Classes start January, April, and August, and this course can be completed in a 15-week term. College credit from this course can be applied to a range of degree and certificate level programs at Sessions College.
Who Are The Instructors?
Our courses are developed and taught by our faculty of professional artists, designers, and photographers. This means that you’ll learn in-demand skills, get feedback on your work, and build a portfolio of creative work.
Is Sessions College accredited?
Yes. Since 2001, Sessions College has been accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). The Distance Education Accrediting Commission is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).