Course At A Glance
- 100% online
- Study at your own pace
- Complete this course in 6-8 weeks
The course is taught by the following instructor(s):
Take this course as a standalone or as part of the following program(s):
We'll dive right into the latest options for building responsive layouts using the Bootstrap framework. Emphasis will be placed on making good design decisions, not just the right technical moves. After a foundation in Bootstrap, you'll learn how to use absolute positioning to expand the possibilities of a responsive layout, incorporate and organize HTML5 structural elements within Dreamweaver, and apply layout changes using the Code Navigator and CSS Inspector.
In this lecture, you'll explore how to use Dreamweaver to apply advanced CSS techniques to improve your visual design concepts and speed up site development. Before CSS, text shadows, box shadows, gradients required extra graphics. Now, you can achieve the same effects with a few lines of code. And Dreamweaver can implement that code for you—with the right clicks! We'll also take a look at Dreamweaver's tools for collaborative site editing.
No matter how pretty your Web page is, no one is going to stop and stare at it for long. What users do is interact. And when they interact, you want that pretty page to come to life. A live Web page is not a static design comp; a live page moves and breathes. Using CSS transitions, you can control the timing and effects created by interactivity. In this lecture, we'll try out transitions of all shapes and forms.
Form Page Design
In this lecture, you'll learn how to design and "hook up" a basic form that looks and works great. We'll look at how to create various form elements such as text fields, radio buttons, checkboxes, and submit buttons, explore ways of implementing different types of form handlers and learn to troubleshoot common form problems.
jQuery Mobile is a touch-optimized Web framework for smartphones and tablets. The code is based in HTML5 and the design themes are customized with CSS. Add jQuery widgets for accordions, toolbars, grids, and form elements, and you've got yourself a great toolset. Dreamweaver makes jQuery Mobile easy to implement, whether you are planning to build a native app or a browser-based mobile Web site. It's the perfect place to end our journey through Dreamweaver's advanced features.
Sample Student Work
What Are The Course Projects?
What Software or Supplies Do I Need?
- Computer with Internet connection.
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC
- Basic experience in the above software.
- An account with a Web hosting service. Free services are available. Check with your Web host to make sure it supports Dreamweaver's FTP protocol.
- Adobe Photoshop recommended but not required.
What Will I Learn?
Students in this course can expect to learn to:
- Develop and submit for feedback six responsive Web sites demonstrating specific Dreamweaver techniques.
- Create attractive, consistent, and responsive Web site designs relative to target audiences.
- Use CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) to format all text and content areas in a site.
- Incorporate a navigation system using a Bootstrap navbar.
- Utilize the following CSS techniques: text shadows, border radius, box shadow, opacity, and gradients.
- Utilize CSS positioning to accurately position and align content areas.
- Build an attractive working image carousel.
- Insert three accordion menus and customize the accordion menus styles.
- Create and style a photo gallery using caption hover effects.
- Create the front-end of a Web-based form using appropriate HTML form elements.
- Integrate a form with a free form handler service.
- Apply CSS transitions to the main navigation bar and external links.
- Design an effective and attractive custom jQuery theme using ThemeRoller.
- Accurately incorporate jQuery list views and collapsible blocks.
- Embed Google maps in HTML files and link to them using jQuery buttons.
- Enroll today, start tomorrow
- Study at your own pace
- Complete within 3 months
|Course Tuition and Fees|
|Total Course Price||$999|
Registration fees are nonrefundable after 5 days from enrollment. All tuition includes a digital materials fee for course content.
Course Registration Form
To register for this course, use the form below to enter your information and desired start date. An Admissions Advisor will contact you to arrange payment and provide you with an Enrollment Agreement.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What Are The Courses Like?
Our courses are project-based. There are no set logins, so you can study at your own pace. In each course you’ll complete a series of lectures and projects designed to stretch your creative skills.
How Much Time Do I Need?
This course can be completed in 60 hours or less. You’ll have three months from enrollment to complete the course studying at your own pace. Extensions are available for those who need more time.
Who Are The Instructors?
Our courses are developed and taught by our faculty of professional artists, designers, and photographers. This means that you’ll learn in-demand skills, get feedback on your work, and build a portfolio of creative work.
Is Sessions College accredited?
Yes. Since 2001, Sessions College has been accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC). The Distance Education Accrediting Commission is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a recognized accrediting agency and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).