Department Head Program Review
Pictured above: Kristen Becker, Ad Design; Andrew Shalat, Graphic Design; Felicia Kieselhorst, Digital Photography.
Who says faculty meetings can’t be fun? As July came to a sweltering close in Tempe, Arizona, the Sessions College Education team convened its annual online program review meetings with its talented team of Department Heads. Under the direction of Director of Education Dr. Meryl Epstein, Education team members met with program heads to review Advisory Board feedback on industry trends, review student portfolios, and conduct an audit of program objectives, structure, and sequence.
Present at the meetings were our entire team of Department Heads:
- Andrew Shalat, Graphic Design
- Piper Nilsson, Web Design
- Greg Marlow, Digital Media
- Jordon Schranz, Illustration
- Kristen Becker, Advertising Design
- Felicia Kieselhorst, Digital Photography
The program review resulted in a range of creative ideas to ensure our programs continue to evolve to meet the needs of students and creative industry employers. Many minor (though important!) changes to program requirements and course sequence will be implemented for the Fall term starting August 26th, 2019:
- AOS in Graphic Design: WEB 222 UX/UI Design replaces WEB 213 Bootstrap I using Dreamweaver
- AOS in Web Design: WEB 222 UX/UI Design replaces WEB 233 Web Portfolio Design, WEB 206 Web Accessibility
- AOS in Digital Media: DIG 222 Creative Process, DIG 210 Animate I, and WEB 222 UX/UI Design replace DES 131 Logo Design, PHO 104 History of Photography, and WEB 231 Web Design I
- AOS in Illustration: DES 102 Typography II I replaces ADV 207 Creative Concept Development
- AOS in Advertising Design: DES 206 Branding and Identity replaces WEB 101 HTML and CSS I
- UC in Digital Media: DIG 210 Animate I replaces DIG 203 Animate I and PHO 104 History of Photography
Stay tuned for more exciting changes in 2020. Students are asked to contact Student Services at email@example.com if they have any questions about these program modifications.
Sessions Staff is a restless soul who loves to share Campus News stories with current and prospective students.